Friday, March 10, 2017

GEL STAIN!!

Okay, so in Michigan this wouldn't have excited me *as* much.  BUT, here in South Carolina, Varathane Gel Stain does not exist... except for one small mom and pop hardware store 3 1/2 hours away from me, and even then, the colors weren't guaranteed to be there.  I searched high and low for *any* gel stain at various home improvement stores.  Lowe's and Home Depot had 4 colors available: Hickory, Mahogany, Cherrywood, and Honey Maple.  None of those colors were close to what I wanted, nor could I mix any of them to create a color that I liked.

I'm SO thankful for online ordering and ship to home possibilities, because this showed up at my door today:


Thank you, Menards for shipping to SC, even though your closest store is over 300 miles away!  I was able to purchase the exact colors that I LOVE and cannot wait to get to phase 2 of our kitchen redo!  Phase 1 is coming along nicely... here is a preview:


I'm excited to finish our kitchen make-over, and add our touches to this house to make it our home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment