Tuesday, February 7, 2012

T-Shirt flowers

Yesterday early morning I posted pictures of my new bins for my bathroom.  I made flowers to decorate them using t-shirt scraps.

I cut out a rectangle and I used a hemmed piece to make it easier and to keep it from curling up.

I folded it in half and glued it together along the non-folded edge.

Then I cute strips about 1/4-3/8" deep along the folded egde.  The strips were spaced apart at variable intervals.

When rolled up, I glued along the bottom edge as I rolled.

I squished it down a little bit so that the pedals would fold out towards the bottom.

I added a square of green underneath it and then trimmed it down to look like two leaves.

This is what the bottom looks like.

The next flower is the rose.  I don't have step by step of it, but you'll get the idea.
Again, I folded a long strip in half.  I cut half circles along the top in various sizes and depths.

When rolled up it looks like a rose.  I folded the outside pedals down to make it look more authentic.

This is what it looks like standing up!

And then I glued them to the bins and I LOVE them :)