Saturday, January 7, 2012

Realistic Expectations

So, I guess I've always known that when too many tasks lay in front of me, I get overwhelmed and usually have no idea where to start, so I don't.  That's how my previous to do list looks to me right now... too overwhelming, and though it really isn't... my brain just doesn't work like that.  So, in order for me to achieve my goals, I'm changing how I create them.  So starting today... my goal for today:  To take the Christmas decorations down.  When that goal is achieved, I will create another one.  In my head, this seems to be a better way.  And although, in reality, nothing has changed... the to do list remains the same and the same tasks need to be accomplished, writing them down one at a time and tackling them one at time makes them seem so much more doable.  So I may update my blog 5 times in one day with different tasks to be done and achieved, but I will feel so much more at ease in seeing all 5 things accomplished vs looking at my to do list of 10 items and only seeing half accomplished :)  I'm creating realistic goals and expecations for myself!
To Do:  Take down Christmas decorations!!!
             Clean off kitchen table

No comments:

Post a Comment